- 12.0 Oz. Ground Beef, 85% Lean
- 4.0 Oz. Spinach
- 4.0 Oz. Squash, Summer or Zucchini
- 1.0 tsp. Sunflower, Safflower, Hemp Seed or Walnut Oil
- 2.0 g. Marine Based Omega 3 Oil
- 1.0 Pkt. Meal Mix for Dogs
Weighing instructions: All ingredients (raw or cooked) should be weighed right before mixing together.
- Weigh meat raw. Meat can be served raw or lightly cooked if desired. Avoid over-cooking to preserve nutrient content. Crumble meat into a mixing bowl. If using cooked meat, do not drain fat.
- Rinse spinach under cool water and drain. Spinach can be lightly cooked or served raw. Add to mixing bowl.
- Rinse squash under cool water and drain. Squash can be lightly cooked or served raw. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add Meal Mix packet, mix thoroughly.
- Add sunflower oil, safflower oil, hemp seed oil, or walnut oil.
- Divide into daily portions as directed below.
- Add Marine Based Omega-3 Oil right before serving. If using Dr. Mercola's Salmon Oil, contents of 1 capsule equals 1 gram of oil. If using Dr. Mercola's Krill Oil for Pets, 10 pumps equals one gram of oil.
Additional portions can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days, or freezer for up to two weeks. Frozen portions can be thawed overnight by transferring to the refrigerator. Do not thaw meat under hot water or leave at room temperature overnight.
If feeding exclusively beef, bison and/or venison and not rotating with poultry the sunflower, safflower, hempseed or walnut oil must be added to balance the fats. If rotating red meats with poultry throughout the month this step is not required as poultry contains higher levels of Omega-6's which will provide balance over time.
Get customized feeding instructions for your pet when you create a Mercola account